Main menu

Pages

Keep A Book by Your Side!

Keep A Book by Your Side!

We have all heard the saying that dogs are man's best friend. And we all know that dogs do, in fact, bring a lot of value, love, companionship, and loyalty into a home. However, knowing just how a dog can improve our lives got me thinking about something else that can improve our lives as well, but is sometimes overlooked. This something that I'm talking about is a book. Now that gets me to thinking even more... Why don't we also have a popular saying about how a book too can be man's best friend? Doesn't a book also add value, love, and companionship to readers in a home, as well?
Now that I'm really diving into this thought of books also being best friends I must admit that I too am being forced to think differently. After all, I am the type of guy that grew up with dogs close by, and books somewhere far off in the distance. At best, any book that I might have had was probably stored away somewhere inside of my school desk and considered for school use only. Unfortunately, as a kid and then a teen, I didn't immediately warm up to books or clearly see much value in reading.
I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that we all should bring our loyal, life-enhancing books with us everywhere we go. Our good old trusty books are one of the few things in life that will help us forget about the pressures of the outside world as we retreat into the inner depths of our souls with our new best friend. A good book can even help us grow and feel more comfortable in experiencing life.
Now teens, go learn, lead, and lay the way to a better world for all of us. Remember to always keep a book by your side; for this is the one friend you can truly trust and count on to make a positive difference in your life. And once again, thanks in advance for all that you do, and all that you will do...
Award-winning author, speaker and educator Dan Blanchard wants you to always keep a book by your side. Books really can be your best friend and best resource. For more great tips please visit Dan's website at: http://www.GranddaddysSecrets.com. Thanks.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9503359

Comments