Main menu

Pages

Kids and Teens ( My After School Program Was Very Exciting )

Kids and Teens ( My After School Program Was Very Exciting )


Growing up, my mother and I had the best after school program ever! Not only could my parents rest assured we were in good hands until they finished work and errands, but we also made new friends and had an absolute blast running around with the other kids. You cannot put a price tag on the peace of mind parents must feel when they are certain their children are in good hands when they cannot be there to watch them. When you have plenty of activities in which to participate, you can have loads of fun and get the exercise you need growing up.
My brother and I went to a local family fitness center after school that was located right around the corner from our school. Upon first glance at the building, it looks like a gargantuan warehouse. The lettering was blue and white and the people who worked there were always friendly. We rode the bus to the fitness center and walked through the doors into our after school program. Once, I even found twenty dollars in the parking lot!
When we got into the after school center, we would first drop off our book bags and have a snack. Usually the snack was healthy and that was okay with us. After we ate, we would do any homework we had for about thirty minutes. When that was all finished, we would be allowed to play until our parents picked us up. This facility had everything! Some days we would play racquetball or squash, while other days we would go swimming. There was also work out equipment, but we were not allowed to play on that because we were too small. We could also play cards or other indoor games in our big room. I remember there being a drink machine that had the best flavored drinks I had ever tasted. My favorite flavor was strawberry and I got one whenever I had enough money to afford one.
The best thing about our after school program was playing racquetball. Since not too many other kids had the access or resources to permit this sport, it was somewhat mysterious and amazing. When I got home every evening, I would tell all of my neighborhood friends about how much fun I had at the fitness center playing sports and hanging out with my friends. I even managed to convince some of their parents to let them go there too.

Comments