Main menu

Pages

Thoughts for a New Teen

Thoughts for a New Teen

Congratulations on your 13th birthday! You are officially a teenager! In your life up until now, you've experienced a variety of circumstances which have shaped you into a fun and engaging young person. So far, you have had many decisions made for you. In the next few years, your parents will give you more opportunities to make your own decisions as you look forward to being an independent adult.

Some of these decisions you will be making will involve consequences that will affect your whole life, either good or bad. Decisions you should make ahead of time, like, will I stay away from smoking, drugs and alcohol or will I be careful when I am dating and not allow myself to get into a situation where I would end up having a baby at too early of an age? Or good decisions like, will I be a volunteer, will I get everything I can out of my school experiences and will I be obedient and loving?

Over the years, I've made some good decisions only because I put God first in my life. One decision that has helped me the most is found in Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." Many people will ask you, "What are you going to do with your life?" I believe a better question to ask is, "Who am I going to be in my life?"

So it's very important that you don't rush into those decisions without prayer, Bible reading and good advice from people you love and trust. It's important that you become confident so that you will know how to handle bullies and not give in to peer pressure. It's very important to choose your friends wisely.

When I live life "practicing the presence of God" I am aware of my responses to others. God himself develops and enables the fruit of the Spirit to flow from our attitudes. Fruit, "like love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control become second nature to us as God works miraculously in our lives." (Galatians 5:22/23)

Also, I encourage you to ask our dear Papa God to teach and enable you to discern how He speaks to you, what kinds of things your inner voice is saying to you. Are they uplifting and helpful or do they demean you or make you feel false guilt? God's enemy, the devil, is out to spoil the wonderful life God has planned for you. That old spoiler will never encourage you to be grateful for anything. Nor will he encourage you to forgive. Forgiveness is of utmost importance. It is about your well-being not getting even with someone who hurt you.

How exciting to have your whole life before you. What adventures you and your Papa God will have! Remember that Grandpa and I are behind you one hundred percent and will always have your back!
Penny Halder

Granny Grace Productions Retired 2015
penny@haldernet.com
My background includes working with children as individuals and in groups for over four decades in venues such as: churches, schools, preschools, libraries, park districts and funeral homes. I know kids and what they like and need. I also have extensive experience and training as a Children's Bereavement Care Coordinator at a funeral home during the years 1987-2001 For my business, my character name was Granny Grace. I designed her to be a caring clown specializing in children's shows. I made kids feel good about them selves, emphasized family values and put laughter and confidence in their hearts.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Penny_Halder/3432

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9242357

 

Comments