Main menu

Pages

Importance of Encouragement

Importance of Encouragement

I cannot stress how important it is to find encouragement when it comes to art, especially at a young age. If I would have gotten more encouragement for my art or interest in music I would probably be a completely different person. Instead I was pushed into doing sports at a young age. Don't get me wrong I loved playing all those different kinds of sports at a younger age, but now that I am older and I do not have the time to play all those sports I wish that I had taken art classes or learned to play the violin. I only started drawing recently because I had some time to kill between classes and my phone was out of batteries. I would draw when I was younger, but I never showed anyone what I drew because I knew it was bad compared to other drawings that I would see. Especially since there was a kid in class who was great at drawing. I didn't want to show anyone what I would draw. I remember I tried to draw a car and I got so upset at the drawing because it looked nothing like a car. The right encouragement leads to goals and it leads to improvement. It makes me sad to think about the lost talent that the world does not have due to the lack of encouragement that any kid needs at a young age.

Great things have come from people all because they got the right amount of encouragement at the right time in their life. It drove them to do great things and he world would be a different place without them. What kind of world would we be in if people like Michelangelo or Leonardo was told at a young age that they weren't any good or that they should do something else with their time. Now I do not mean that they found that they wanted to pursue their artistic talent than they were told to stop painting or sculpting. This is much different than if they were told that they should stop if they were young children. Children today are bullied if they seem to be different then anyone else. For example if one boy in the class decides to spend his time outside of class not doing what every other boy seems to do, sports usually, then that boy is picked on. If that boy does not receive the right encouragement from the right people then that boy may stop drawing, taking dance class, or even stop learning how to play an instrument. So if the child can get encouragement elsewhere in his life then it is more likely that he will continue with his love for whatever that he or she decides to do in their free time.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jack_George

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9095266

 

Comments